1. April 2016 ERP Comparison White Paper: Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, & Odoo
2. 2 Introduction Introducing ERP offers available today In the last 15 years, new technologies have pushed enterprises both large and small to rethink their process management with respect to the new dynamics created by the changing busi - ness landscape. Implementing an ERP is a step many businesses are taking to help organize and optimize the way they do business. There are many business software offerings currently available on the market, however most are focused solely on the needs of large enterprises. This document aims to give you a good idea of the features offered by the main ERP solutions for SME’s, with an emphasis on cloud-based solutions. A cloud-hosted ERP solution offers a number of advantages over a traditional ERP that is installed locally, many of which are especially relevant to small businesses. A cloud-based ERP is often more flexible and able to adapt to a growing and changing business. Most of the time, startup and maintenance costs are much lower as well because they are included in the license fee. Feature Comparison In order to offer a fair comparison, we have compiled a table of the most important features into ten categories: Sales, Customer Relationship Management, Accounting & Finance, Marketing, Warehouse Management, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Services & Projects, Human Resources and Usability & Productivity. These categories encompass almost everything an SME might need to manage, develop, and evolve its business operations. The three products analyzed have extra third party apps, developed by partners. Both NetSuite and Odoo have a public app store. Microsoft Dynamics NAV however has no app store; you will have to contact each partner individually in order to get information about their extra modules. As these modules usually come at an additional cost (licence fees and / or implementation service), we only reported features that are in the standard package within our analysis. We have also included a comprehensive list of the pricing conditions to better weigh the costs / benefits for each solution. We will finalize this document with some observations on market trends and customer satisfaction as well as provide input on a more global solution for SME’s. VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
5. 5 Odoo Online Odoo is an open source software that is available in three versions, two of which are local while the other is hosted in the cloud. More than 7,300 apps are available thanks to the multiple developments made by Odoo S.A. and its community. 2+ million users 120+ countries 7,300 apps in Odoo Apps 730 partners “ GROW YOUR BUSINESS ” The cloud-based Online Edition of Odoo ERP offers a customized solution specifically designed to solve SME needs. In this highly modular solution, each business function is carried out by a dedicated app. This allows growing businesses to start with a few apps and to adopt more as their needs change and evolve. For this comparison we’ve selected the cloud- hosted version, Odoo Online. The unique part of this offer is that it’s completely customizable. There are more than 30 certified apps that cover the vast majority of business cases, all of which connect to the same database on Odoo’s servers. VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
16. 16 Conclusions The intent of this comparison is to be as fair as possible. If you think that some important comparative information is missing, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Often SME’s will find they have a software need but are unable to implement one given the high level of overhead and complexity of the task. For growing companies, it is much more optimal to start small in a software solution and add new features little by little as the busi - ness expands and evolves. In most practical cases, a flexible and modular approach works best for SME’s as it provides the business with the necessary freedom to adapt to change quickly. Business needs will never stop fluctuating, especially in a growing company. Traditional prac - tices for SME’s are now becoming obsolete as more powerful and dynamic solutions become available. Selecting the best option is no longer just about which best suits your business today, but also which is best for your business in the future. Planning for long term success with an easily adaptable software solution can be the key decision in the long-term developement and growth of your business. This whitepaper was compiled by Odoo SA. We did our best to make it objective and fair. If you find a mistake or a missing feature, please report it to email@example.com and we will update this document. Our goal is to have a continuously updated comparison of the main competitors to be as accurate as possible. VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
3. 3 Microsoft Dynamics NAV Microsoft offers Microsoft Dynamics NAV (formerly Navision) as part of the Microsoft Dynamics family of ERP software. The software can be hosted in the Microsoft Azure Cloud (for an additional fee). Two licenses are available: a perpetual license and a subscription license to an external service provider. 1+ million users 117,000 client organizations 165+ countries around the world 1st worldwide “ BUSINESS SOLUTIONS TAILORED TO YOUR NEEDS ” Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 is split into two versions: the Starter Pack, which offers basic functions in finance, professional services, and distribution; and the Extended Pack, which adds manufacturing and warehouse management features. The purchase of the Started Pack is required in order to get the Extended Pack. We’ve chosen to use the Extended Pack in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 for the purposes of this comparison. VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
4. 4 NetSuite NetSuite is an integrated solution for mid- to enterprise-sized businesses. NetSuite sepa - rates its business management software into four products: NetSuite ERP for inventory, supply chain, and financials; NetSuite CRM for sales and marketing; NetSuite Commerce for both web and on-site sales; and NetSuite PSA for project management. The different parts of the system can be purchased separately, which gives some flexibility to the customer. 312 apps in SuiteApp 160 countries 30,000 client organizations “ ONE BUSINESS SOFTWARE SYSTEM CONNECTING FINANCIALS, CUSTOMERS, AND COMMERCE. ” NetSuite also provides a version of its soft - ware for multinational organizations called OneWorld, which offers the four above services with additional features for multi - national companies, including managing multiple subsidiaries, multi-currencies, multi-accounting standards, and tax requirements. In order to make a fair comparison of the features of each software, we took into account the entire integrated suite of Netsuite products (ERP, CRM, Commerce, and PSA). #1 vendor of ERP Cloud Software VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
9. 9 Marketing Microsoft Dynamics NAV NetSuite Odoo Online Actions Mass Mailing Blog / SEO / Web Pages Events Marketing Automation Drag & Drop Page Editor Marketing Campaign Contacts Segmentation Follow-up Survey Keyword Marketing Visitors Tracking Social Media Management VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
14. 1 In addition to the user price, Odoo Online has a monthly fee per app. Apps price are between $15 and $25 per month, independent of the number of users. For $235/mo, you get the scope covered by this document: Sales, CRM, Accounting, eCommerce, Inventory, Manufacturing, Purchase and Services. Odoo Enterprise (on-premise) does not have this extra fee. 2 New versions and service upgrades must be purchased individually. 3 Extra option to host on Microsoft Azure cloud. 14 Pricing & Conditions Microsoft Dynamics NAV NetSuite Odoo Online MONTHLY PRICING $113/MO. PER USER $125/MO. PER USER $25/MO. PER USER 1 Billing Term Annual Only Annual Only Monthly or Annually Free Trial Free Updates Upgrades to Future Versions 2 Hosting & Maintenance Extra Option 3 Customer Support (Technical + Functional) Extra Option Pricing & Conditions Implementation Service For Microsoft Dynamics, the implementation service is usually provided by a local partner. For NetSuite and Odoo Online, implementations are usually provided directly by the vendor. Odoo Enterprise implementations (the on-premise offer of Odoo) are typically performed by a local partner. The implementation cost of Dynamics, and Netsuite is usually case by case and prices differ widely from one project to another. Odoo however has packaged implementation offers (between $2,100 and $5,500 for a standard implementation). Offers Most of the offers through MS Dynamics cover one year. Netsuite usually sells multi-year contracts, with large discounts for long term contracts (~25% for 3 years). Odoo’s default offers are monthly, without commitment, and typically includes a 16% discount with a yearly contract (paying for 10 months instead of 12). VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
15. 1 Odoo was formerly known as OpenERP before 2014, so both keywords were used to reflect the growth since the beginning of Odoo. 15 Market Trends The following graph was created with the Explore tool on Google Trends . The color curves show the number of Google searches for the associated keywords 1 . This metric shows the relative consumer interest in each software platform. Customer Satisfaction Ratings Microsoft Dynamics NAV NetSuite Odoo Online G2crowd rating 3.8 / 5 3.7 / 5 4.6 / 5 GetApp rating 4.0 / 5 4.1 / 5 5.0 / 5 Capterra rating 4.5 / 5 4.5 / 5 5.0 / 5 VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
7. CRM Microsoft Dynamics NAV NetSuite Odoo Online Sales Flow Leads Nurturing Lead Scoring Leads Management Opportunities Management Pipeline Management Third Party Management Communication Tools Customer Multi-Address Calls / Meetings / Mail VOIP Email Integration Live Chat Full Customer History Email Templates Opportunities Analysis 7 VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
11. Manufacturing Microsoft Dynamics NAV NetSuite Odoo Online Manage MRP Routings Order of Assembly Costing PLM 1 Work Sheets 1 Traceability Quality Management 1 Repairs Management Maintenance Schedule & Plan Scheduling Product Variants Multi-Level BOM’s 11 1 Planned for June 2016. VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
6. 6 Feature Comparison Sales Microsoft Dynamics NAV NetSuite Odoo Online B2B Sales Quotes to Orders Electronic Signature Online Payment Quotation Templates Upselling & Cross Selling Subscription Management In-Store Sales Point of Sale (retail) Point of Sale (restaurant) Online Sales eCommerce eBay Integration 1 Advanced Products Multi-Level Variants / Matrix Items Conifgurable Products Kits 1 Netsuite used to have an eBay connector, but have since removed it in their January 2016 release VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
10. 10 Warehouse Management Microsoft Dynamics NAV NetSuite Odoo Online Basics Inventory Management Routing Multi-Warehouse (for one company) 1 Pick-Pack-Ship Products Traceability, Lots, & Serial Numbers Expiration Dates Multiple Unit of Measures Reporting Stock Assessment (FIFO, CUMPS, etc.) Perpetual Reports (real-time, automatic) Forecast Productivity Logistic Rules (advance routings & push/pull rules) Storage/Picking Barcode Support Customer Portal Shipping Integration (DHL, Fedex, etc.) 1 Support provided for multiple companies, but only one warehouse per company. VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
12. Services & Projects Microsoft Dynamics NAV NetSuite Odoo Online Basic Project Management Lean Approach/ Kanban View Planning 1 Customer Oriented Helpdesk/Support Timesheets Email Integration 1 Includes capacity managment, multiple costs, and budgets. 12 Purchase Microsoft Dynamics NAV NetSuite Odoo Online Purchase Request for Quotation (RFQ) Purchase Tender Pricing & Discounts Fulfillment Make-to-Order (MTO) Minimum Stock Rule MPS Manage Invoice Control Reception Control VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
8. 8 Accounting & Finance Microsoft Dynamics NAV NetSuite Odoo Online Internal Process Analytic Accounting Alerts Budgets Expenses Assets Management Real-Time Inventory Valuation Analytic Reports Daily Operations Bank Interface / Automatic Sync Quick Reconciliation Deferred Revenues Checks Management Invoice Management Invoicing Management Batch Send (email, standard mail) Third Party Follow-Up Payment Automation (SEPA) International International 1 Multi-Company Multi-Currency 1 More than 10 countries supported: chart of accounts, taxes, reports, etc. VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
13. 1 NetSuite Premier Payroll Service. 2 Only available with NetSuite CRM+ upgrade. 3 Power BI required. 13 Human Resources Microsoft Dynamics NAV NetSuite Odoo Online Recruitments Appraisals Leaves/Holidays Fleet Management Payroll 1 Expenses Usability & Productivity Microsoft Dynamics NAV NetSuite Odoo Online Usability Full Web Interface Theme Store Fully Responsive Mobile (Android / iPhone) 2 Real Time Chat & Emails Dynamic Reporting/ Pivot Table 3 Full Keyboard Support Keyboard Shortcuts Multi-language User Interface Kanban Gantt Calendar VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
- 459 Total Views
- 335 Website Views
- 124 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 1 www.vcloud9.com:8069
- 40 www.vcloud9.com
- 1 www.google.rs
- 1 vcloud9.com
- 2 crm.vcloud9.com
- 7 crm.vcloud9.com:8069
- 2 sales.vcloud9.com
Odoo CRM Comparison884 Views .
Side by Side comparison Odoo vs SAP Vs Netsuite760 Views .
VCloud9 Odoo Simple and Fast ERP593 Views .
VCloud9 ERP FRS Scope And Approach Jan2017577 Views .
VCloud9 Capbilities Brief Jan2017489 Views .
Odoo Accounting Whitepaper444 Views .
See the Odoo Whitepaper on eCommerce Solutions350 Views .